Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pre-program Post


       With all the planning and packing and constant going that I’ve been in the middle of for the past month, I am just now sitting down to write this “pre-program” post although it is not a “pre-Europe” post for me. I have been in Europe for a full week now: first London for 5 days and now in Paris until I meet up with you guys at the Frankfurt airport. This is my first time in Europe so I had no idea what to expect going into it. I’ve been travelling with my parents for the past week so that has definitely made it easier to figure out the basics as I’m not doing it all on my own. I am, however, ready to jump out of the nest and try out my independent traveler wings.
       I’m excited to see more of the history and culture of this part of the world that I have never experienced before. I’m excited to meet people and learn and grow. But I am apprehensive about a lot of it. For one, it’s a long time away from familiarity and with the host family experience added on top of that, I just hope it all goes smoothly. Most likely it won’t, but that’s all part of the learning and growing, right?
       Hope you all are getting ready if you’re not already here! It’s definitely going to be a summer to remember!

No comments: