Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pre-Germany Program Thoughts

Howdy!
The past 7 days have been an absolute whirlwind.  With all the hustle and bustle, I am just now having the chance to write this post!  I've been in Europe for about a week now with Jessica Bailey.  We've been to London, Paris, and now Dublin.  I have absolutely loved the experience, but it has been exhausting.  I can already see some of the homesickness starting to creep in! I have had a great time this week, but am ready to be in Germany, meet my host family, and settle into a slight routine.  My thoughts leading up to the trip were mixed.  I am ecstatic about the opportunity to see and do all the things we are going to have the opportunity to do, but am worried about missing my family and others at home.
Throughout the next six weeks in Germany, I am hoping to learn a lot.  I am excited about connecting with my host family and learning more about daily life abroad.  I think the course itself will also prove to be incredibly interesting.  I am looking forward to forming friendships with the other people in our group, learning about their interests and how they can enhance my experience abroad.  Hopefully, we'll all stay friends when we get back to College Station!  I can't wait to see you all tomorrow and get this adventure started!

No comments: