Monday, July 08, 2013

Pre-Departure Post / Last Minute Thoughts

I cannot believe that I will be on a plane in less than 24 hrs, ready to embark on this adventure.  It still feels so surreal. But I am extremely excited, albeit a little nervous too. I think most of my nervousness stems from never experiencing any sort of over seas travel before. That and the fact that I know, despite any attempts I've made at planning, that I will probably forget to pack something important. Oh well...

I have actually been living out of a suitcase for the first part of my summer (I was working in Houston) so at least I have some experience in that area. I came back to my home of San Antonio for a week to regroup and pack for this trip. I sort of took over the tv room, laying out clothes and trying to figure out what was a necessity and what could be left behind. While I know my parents will miss me, I think they'll also be a little relieved to have the crazy mess finally packed away. 

I knew when I started college that I wanted to study abroad. But, I didn't just want to take a vacation, I wanted to truly learn about things relevant to my future career. So when I found out about the History of Medicine program, I was intrigued to learn more about the medical field in Europe. I am also very excited to be immersed in the culture. My grandmother is thrilled that I'm going to Germany, as she still has relatives that live there. There are so many aspects of this program that I'm looking forward to that I can't even begin to list them. I'm just ready to be in Germany!

No comments: