Monday, July 08, 2013

Germany: Pre-Departure


The time is finally here. After a summer of anticipation, I finally leave for Germany tomorrow. I started packing last night and after much squeezing and compacting I was pleasantly surprised to have fit everything into one bag. Now I am sitting down to cross off the last item of my checklist, which is starting this blog.  I am incredibly excited to start my travels tomorrow and I am so anxious I think I may not be able to sleep. This is not my first time overseas. A few summers ago I traveled to Italy with my family to visit my sister after her study abroad finished in Florence. I had such a great time viewing the art and architecture and eating the fantastic Italian food that I decided that I had to study abroad when I came to college. I’ve always wanted to see Germany and the history of medicine course sounds incredibly interesting so I decided this study abroad program was the one for me.
            There are plenty of things I want to experience and see during my travels abroad. I am excited to see some of the architecture in Germany specifically the cathedral in Cologne.  I want to drink a beer in Munich and do some hiking in the black forest. I am always fascinated by histories of foreign countries so I am looking forward to learning about Germany’s past. I am hoping to come back from my trip a more cultured and well-rounded person as I feel the travel is a fantastic education. So, to everyone still in the states this summer, Auf Wiedersehen and to my classmates for the next six weeks, bis bald!

No comments: