Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pre departure thoughts!


Howdy,

            Nine days ago today Shannon McCloskey and I left to backpack through London, Paris, and Dublin before we started our actual program. I had never been to Europe before and I had so many emotions running through me before I left. Everyone stressed to me to be careful, always be aware of your surroundings, and of course don't get taken. I was a little nervous from hearing all of these worries from all of my friends and family, but actually being over in Europe has been a lifetime experience so far.
           Now it is the night before I depart on my journey to Germany and I have no worries at all. I cannot wait to make lifetime bonds with all of the wonderful people that are studying abroad with me and I am so excited to be able to experience Germany. One of the things I am most excited to learn about is the history of Germany and all the milestones they have had to overcome these past hundreds of years. I also am excited to be able to learn the German language and hopefully be able to speak it at the end of the summer.
           I am also excited for the many trips on the weekends that we have planned out. I cannot wait to learn a little about each of these different countries cultures over the short period of time that I have there. Finally the thing I am most excited for is to be able to spend my 21st birthday in Europe, somewhere that I have always dreamed of going. I cannot wait to see everyone tomorrow and to start this adventure that I have been so excited for all summer! Lets do this!

No comments: