Wednesday, July 24, 2013

first free weekend, adventures in Interlaken

For the longest time I was on the border with what I had wanted to do with my first weekend off. I had friends in both Budapest and Salzberg that I had wanted to see but at the same time had a whole list of other places. Interlaken being the number one choice at the time, the only thing making me hesitant was money and I turned out to be right, although if I could do it again I'd do it the same, not one regret I wouldn't change a thing.
Leaving Bonn felt different, I was gonna miss my comfortable living situations whilst stuck in hostels for the next couple weeks. We arrived in Switzerland and got lost going to the world famous Balmers hostel when I was nearly tackled in the street, looking up in a daze I saw one of my good friends from camp earlier this summer Cameron paschal half way across the world. Wound up spending a good part of the night following with him and made some great memories in a club that used to be a WWII air raid bunker.

The next day we did alot of scenic hiking and had the opportunity to go white water rafting on class 3 and 4 rapids which needless to say was amazing. Worth every penny spent. That night before going out I was sitting in the lounge writing a similiar blog when out of no where was ambushed by two girls with whom I am good friends with half way around the world back home in God blessed College Station. Spent the rest of the night and the following day with those two making memories and catching up.

If Interlaken was anything like the rest of my weekends are gonna be, I dont know quite how to handle it. It was amazing.  More to come.

No comments: