Monday, July 15, 2013

First Week in Bonn!

This past week at we have been in Bonn have been great! I met my host family on the first night and they are awesome. On the next day after meeting them our host dad played the guitar and sang to us at breakfast. They have even started helping us learn our german while at dinner and breakfast. This past weekend we all went to the festival in Cologne and the fireworks were beautiful. We went early that day and explored the city and did a little bit of shopping. On Sunday we went on a 20 kilometer bike ride along the Rhein river. I am not that experienced of a bike rider but I think it went pretty well, there was no falling or crashing! I have started to adjust to the different culture here in Bonn, it took awhile to learn the bus and train schedules but I am happy to say I have finally figured it out.

The first day of class was very interesting. I never knew about all the different types of health care there were and how it is different in every country. After our discussion in class, I actually went home and talked about it with my host parents. They actually had private insurance and told us a little more about that aspect of it. I have enjoyed my studying abroad very much so far. I can't wait to get to learn more this upcoming week!

No comments: