Friday, July 05, 2013

my mosh pit of feelings

For the past two weeks, since I had found out about this assignment, I have been putting it off for the moment when I felt I could properly express my feelings and thoughts going into this trip. Alas I am at the departure gate here in  Houston and still have no wise insight into any of that.... two weeks ago I only felt excitement and joy at the prospect of this while working at camp Ozark, now I feel a sense of apprehension and anxiety, two feelings that I am not so accustomed to. It is not because of the studies to come or even the trip but more of my lack of knowing what the heck is gonna happen. May sound weird, but I welcome these feelings. Sometimes it is good to let such as now. 
As I write this I think of all the times I along with my room mates had given our English major room mate a hard time, the joke in the house is that the pinnacle of his career would be to write our biographies for us. Maybe I should give him more credit because as of right now I feel like an incompetent idiot writing on a blog. 
The beginning of my trip brings me to Barcelona where I will hopefully board a train to Pamplona and survive running with the bulls. I have very little plans as to where I'm staying or how I'm even getting there but I'm sure I will be able to figure it out... Needless to say I can not wait until I am in Bonn and finally get into a groove and start to figure things out, right now I feel as though that will never happen. Until then..

No comments: