Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pre-Germany Post

     As the days get closer and closer to my departure date, my emotions and expectations are ever-changing. My anticipation to meet my host family and new living quarters are constantly growing. This will be my first time in Europe and I am really not sure what to expect. I have heard different accounts from friends and family about the culture differences but I feel it is really hard to actually grasp these differences without experiencing them for myself. My feeling of anticipation is also coupled with excitement. I am very excited to learn about Germany and just simply live in a country that is extremely foreign to me and like nothing else I have experienced. At the very least I am excited to be somewhere where the highs are in the 70s instead of the highs of 100 or more that has been melting the state of Texas for the past month!
     The biggest reason I chose to participate in this program is experience a country and culture that was totally foreign to me. I have always been interested in the history of Germany and it is going to be an awesome experience to experience the country first hand. I feel like this is an experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life and it is an opportunity that I likely will not get to experience often. With only two days left until my departure, I am just ready to get there and hopefully many of my unanswered questions and feelings of anticipation will disappear. Germany here I come!

No comments: