Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Ahoj

Week two is officially over. This week week we made the journey to Wien and afterwards a weekend trip to Prague. At the conclusion of this week I have officially seen 3 of the major European Capital cities; Amsterdam, Vienna, and Prague.
In Vienna, we saw many of the important landmarks such as the Natural History Museum, The Original Viennese Medical School, The Josephinum, The House of Music, a Mozart and Heidon concert, and the original Sigmund Freud house as a group. Out of these places, my favorite was the Josephinum where we saw an extensive collection of anatomical wax replicas as well as a prosthetic heart exhibit. The prosthetic heart exhibit was my favorite part because they had one machine that showed the parts of the machine working together to replicate the natural rhythm of the human heart. I am attaching the video I took of it. 



On our free afternoon in Wien, we went to the government part of the city where we saw the parliament building, the government building, and the royal palace. Going into it, I didn’t know what to expect in Wien at all but I really liked it. It has been the prettiest place I’ve seen yet. On Friday, we left for Prague after the Natural History Museum tour. 
Prague was an amazing trip, it was once again a culture shock to have a new language and currency but after a few hours we acclimated. We went and visited the Prague Castle along with the Charles Bridge. Prague had such a medieval feel to it because of the cobblestone everywhere and the architecture of the buildings. 


In the Prague Castle we climbed to the top of the cathedral and took a panorama video of Prague from below. 





So far, this trip has been so much more than I expected. This week we are visiting Köln and Koblenz, the two nearest major towns. I believe we are touring the Cathedral in Köln. I am interested into seeing the inside and listing for how the shape affects the sound. 

No comments: