Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The longer I'm here, the more I want to finish going to school here

This past week we travelled all over Germany to different cities. First was Cologne and then Koblenz. Cologne was gorgeous and I loved the big city feel to it. We went up to the top of the Cathedral and I can for sure say that I no longer have a fear of heights. On the second trip we went to Koblenz and that was interesting. The opera house was interesting and not what I was expecting at all. My favorite part about everything was being able to sit by the river and just relax and eat gelato. Over the weekend, I went and visited my cousin in Stuttgart. My cousin and I have never really met because the last time I've seen her I was a baby. She lived in Chile and Costa Rica and now she's getting her Masters here in Germany. I was talking to her all weekend about the schools here and the longer I stay here, the more I want live in Germany and finish my education here. With her, I was able to go to the castle in Stuttgart and explore it. There was a horse shoe opera house which made me laugh because I had just finished writing a paper about it. I also got to see the different rooms and the family pictures. After this I was able to see the city at night and compare it to places that I've already been to. On Sunday before I left, I was able to see the chapel and the vineyards around it. It was absolutely gorgeous and I could see myself retiring in a small village like that one. We also went to the TV tower and again, I think I got rid of my fear of heights. It was a less hectic week but it was a nice week to just relax and see Germany more as a whole.


No comments: