Monday, June 05, 2017

week in Vienna

Reflecting back on my week in Vienna, we did so many amazing things! From the Freud House to the Natural History Museum, every day was a different adventure. After taking a psychology class at A&M I find Freud and all his theories super interesting. It was cool to see all his personal belongings and make that connection. I don’t agree with everything he wrote but it is really fascinating that he devoted his whole life to his studies. The Saint Josephinum museum and the Natural History Museum were my two favorite places from the Vienna trip. They both were unique in their own way so I could never choose between them. The Saint Josephinum museum was something I’ve never experienced before. The pictures in our textbooks could never compare to the real life wax figures. Also it was just amazing how they made such accurate figures for that time period. The Natural History Museum was great to see from a veterinarian prospective! I loved all the different species of animals and learning about their history. My favorite part was the specimens that were preserved and showed all the organs. The group dinners were also very fun and the food was great. Vienna had so much history I felt like I could have been there forever, I truly enjoyed every day of the week.

No comments: