Monday, June 26, 2017

My Last Free Weekend in Europe

Truthfully, I don't have much to say about my last free weekend for the program. I meant to travel to Luxembourg on Saturday, but couldn't due to my train being cancelled (apparently not enough people think Luxembourg is worth visiting). So, disappointed, I went and had lunch and a beer nearby the train station. It then occurred to me that this would be the last time I had free time in Bonn, as Monday was going to be busy with classes. I then got up and started walking. I didn't have a destination or activity in mind; I just wandered, wanting to see the things in town I hadn't seen before. If I came across a street I hadn't gone down, I traveled down that street. If something looked interesting, I checked it out. I spent both Saturday and Sunday basically roaming the city of Bonn, getting one last good look before I would leave, potentially forever.

Overall, my excursions went well. I did get turned around across the Rhine but it worked out once I recognized a tram I knew took me back the HBF. It wasn't exciting or particularly interesting, but it was cool to experience more from a place I could call home for a few weeks. Be able to say goodbye on a good note...

No comments: