Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Eiffel in Louvre with Paris

     Attempting to describe Paris in a way that fully captures its unrealistic beauty and magnificence would be quite a feat but I'll try my best. To begin, Paris was definitely my favorite weekend travel thus far.

     We started by arriving at our hostile with low expectations which were immediately blown away by the first glimpse. The hostile was huge and decorated with bright lights in a way that was so appealing to the eye. The second we walked in, we were greeted with a lively crowd socializing and having a good time in the downstairs cafe/bar area. Our rooms were spectacular, the hostile was vibrant, and it made the overall Paris experience even better. The next day, we started off by visiting the Arc de Triomphe and were immediately overwhelmed by it's size and grandeur. The sad part was that we tried to go to the top but the lines were way too long so we decided to move on. We ended up walking around the city, shopping, and just enjoying the scenery around us. That night, we booked a reservation at a nice restaurant with a view of the Eiffel tower and the food was fantastic. I had a 40 euro steak and was it worth 40 euros? Probably not, but when in Paris. After dinner, we went to the Eiffel tower and it looked better than any picture I had ever seen.We sat in the park, had some good conversations, and simply enjoyed being in the place that we were. At this point, it had just sunken in that we were in Paris and were about to have a weekend of a lifetime. 
     The second day was started bright and early to get to Versailles before the lines formed. However, despite our efforts, the line still wrapped around the place like no other. Thankfully, the lines went by quickly and we were inside in no time. Each and every room in the palace had its own character, yet they were all similar in the fact that they were all elegant and royal. It was cool to imagine life back in the time of King Louis' reign. We spent almost half our day there and it seemed like it went by so quickly, but we left because we still had more to do. We then visited Notre Dame where we were captivated by the sunset gleaming across the cathedral and the adjacent river. Furthermore, I witnessed the most amazing street performance I had ever seen. It was the typical fire performance except the finale ended with a sort of fireworks radiating from the fire that was being thrown around in such a cool way. Lastly, to conclude our day, we finished our night at the Sacre-Coeur Basilica that overlooked all of Paris.

The place was so lively with people enjoying each other's company, others playing live music for all to sing along, and the rest just soaking it all in. I felt like I could stay there forever and was hesitant to leave, but we still had one more day of Paris. 
    The last day of Paris, we started by getting crepes and going to the Louvre museum. We went in through a back entrance that had no line and it was amazing because we were dreading the wait time. When we got in, I was immediately overwhelmed by the amount of history and art that was in this place. I wanted to see it all but I knew I wouldn't be able to, so I did as much as I could. So many paintings caught my attention and I caught myself staring at some pictures for extended periods of time. I couldn't get over the fact that these paintings were so old, yet so beautiful. Furthermore, I couldn't get over the fact that these ancient artists spoke so much volume into such small pieces of art. My favorite piece of artwork was in the same room as the Mona Lisa but it wasn't the Mona Lisa, though that was awesome as well. It was actually directly across from it and was about 20 times the size of it. It was a portrait of Jesus and His disciples at a wedding where He performed His first miracle of turning water into wine. It was beautiful and touched me on a spiritual level. Everything about it was perfect; the way it depicted Jesus, the food and all the decorations, and all the emotions of the people. After the Louvre, which we spent most of our day, we decided to finish at the Eiffel tower one last time. After another great dinner, we headed towards the Eiffel where we would stay and hang out for the rest of the night. It was a time where I realized the life I live is so blessed because not everyone gets the opportunities to do the things I do. I realized that I definitely take it for granted at times because we get lost in the things that don't matter. Life is best when you enjoy the little things. Thank you Paris for teaching me that.
     

No comments: