Monday, June 05, 2017

Week in Vienna


This past week we went to Vienna, Austria to learn all about different things ranging from Sigmund Freud to a string quartet.  I loved the fact that I was able to learn about certain things in the places that they occurred such as the Sigmund Freud house.  One of my favorite places was the insane asylum with all the preserved body parts.  One of the paths I am considering is becoming a craniofacial reconstructive surgeon and there was a room with different issues with the skulls which I loved.  The heart section that was connected with this place (Josephinum) was extremely interesting as well, especially with all the wax models.  During the tour near the end, the tour guide explained that you don’t need a pulse to be alive technically and it was interesting for her to bring that up because in my BMEN 253 class that was a topic for discussion.  Another place that I loved was the Sigmund Freud house because I also have a strong interest towards psychology and to studying in his house was incredible.   I really enjoyed the string quartet as well because I have always loved the way it sounds and to see it live, it was amazing.  The church we saw it in (St. Anna) was gorgeous and if all cathedrals around us look like that, I cannot wait.  On the day off, I explored the city and was able to see the city from a different perspective than just all the tourist-y areas.  I was able to walk around the parks and also go into a butterfly house where there were many local people. All the people there are so incredibly sweet in Vienna and by our hotel there was this cute little bar which we made friends with the owner.  It was great to see people that are just so welcoming to foreigners.


No comments: