Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Düsseldorf Adventure

Well, for my second to last full weekend in Germany, I decided to go to Dusseldorf on Sunday. Drake and I went for the day and saw some beautiful views. We left 8 a.m. in the morning and took a train to the city. When we got there, we decided to walk around the city and pick out some sites to see. We first saw the famous Konigsallee. I believe it is a famous street with a little water way riding along the side with shops everywhere. The street itself was okay, but the water next to it was beautiful.
Since it was Sunday, some of the shops were close, but maybe that was a good thing because almost all of the stores had extremely expensive items. After walking around the fancy street, we went to Rheinturm to have an interesting view of the city. We took the elevator up to the bar level of the tower and had a fantastic view of the city.
I personally thought it was very pretty and you could even see Cologne from there! I got a hot chocolate and enjoyed the view for a while since we had the time. Afterwards, we walked around town and saw the outside of some churches. Since it was Sunday, a lot of the churches had mass so we let them be. We also walked around some of the parks in Dusseldorf and there was a lot of Canadian Geese.
I almost thought I was back home at my Grandpa's farm with all of the birds, but then these birds were extremely gentle or they did not care about the people walking by. On the way back to the train station, we stopped by a street filled with Asian shops so I decided to get myself some bubble tea. I was extremely happy with my purchase since I didn't have bubble tea for a while. After that, we went to pub until it was time for us to leave. To be honest, I wished I went to Dusseldorf on a Saturday or had more time there to fully explore the city. I think I would have enjoyed my trip more if I did that, but I still enjoyed the town. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and an epic last full week in Bonn.

No comments: