Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A weekend in Paris...

This weekend, 13 of us headed to the city of love…Paris, France. Well, it was supposed to be 13. Then we lost Andrew on the way..then we found him in the Louve. See his blog for more details.

When we got to Paris, it was about 11pm on a Friday night. I made all the hotel arrangements last minute so I was a little worried about what it was going to be like. I can only imagine what we looked like walking out of the metro. All of us with our giant backpacks, maps, and lost faces in an unfamiliar city. The area our hotel was in just happened to be in the center of Montmartre. This is right where the Moulin Rouge theatre stands, so you can only imagine. However, we made it to our hotel safely and it ended up being perfectly fine. We went out for a bit then headed in because we had a long day ahead of us.

The amount of things we packed into Saturday is pretty impressive. First, we headed to the Louve. I’ve now seen Mona and I can check one thing off the bucket list. Dr. Wasser did warn us that the painting wasn’t going to be very big or impressive, which was true. However, it was still really cool to see it. The whole museum was unbelievable….so much history right in front of you. While at the Louve, I ran into two high school friends! I couldn’t believe it. It was the weirdest thing ever. After that, we made our way over to see Notre Dame. Again, another beautiful cathedral, but I’ve seen so many this trip that they’re all starting to look the same :/. Our day ended with a visit to the Arc de Triompe and finally, the Eiffel Tower! Definitely the highlight of the day. I still can’t believe I was actually there, but I have pictures to prove it.

Now, I said that’s where our DAY ended. Our night had only just begun. Our original plan was to hit up another pub crawl. That soon changed when we realized we were just getting ready at 8pm and the pub crawl started at 9pm. Not going to happen with a group of 7 girls. So instead, my lovely roomie for the weekend, Shyanie, convinced me to see the Moulin Rouge show. Shyanie, Alex, and Laura were the only ones going at first, but soon enough, Nicole, Justin, and I were on our way. The show was definitely worth the money. It was unlike any other show I’ve ever seen because it’s not a typical broadway production. I was so glad I went, though. The group of us had such a great time. While in line for the show, Nicole and I convinced the bouncer of the neighboring club to stamp our hands for free entry after we got out of the show. So…about 2am, the 6 of us headed on over to the club. Let’s just say we brought the party. After about an hour of dancing with crazy French men, my feet were screaming at me. It was a great way to close up the weekend.

I cannot believe that this was our last free weekend of the trip! In 4 days it will all be over. But we’ve all agreed…no holding back in Berlin. More from Berlin soon!

Cheers!
Coral

No comments: