Wednesday, August 05, 2009

August 2, 2009

"Paree" as Justin calls it was wonderful. Although it wasn't my b=favorite city, I never got bored. When we got here on friday night I was definitely not in a good mood, but we went out after we got settled in and explored the area around the hotel. We went to get drinks at a little bar around the corner, the drinks were expensive so we expected a pretty big drink, instead we all got tiny drinks with weird ingredients. Afterwards, we found a little pub with a French band playing. They were surprisingly really good! Everyone else ended up going back to the hotel, but Justin and I stayed. Justin got called out for being American and went on stage to sing (or try to sing) Michael jackson. Let's just say it was pretty funny..



In the morning, we went to get crepes for breakfast. Mine had way too much cheese, it really gave me a bad first impression of french crepes. from there, we went to the Louvre. It was beautiful. The paintings were wonderful, but I think I was more impressed with the architecture of the building and the great marble decorations.



All the way to france I was in contact with my friend Djordje (Georgie as I call him) and was planning to meet him at 1 pm for lunch and to go around the city. But, we kindof got lost. Not lost, but we didn't know how to get to where he was.. so lost. He found us eventually haha. But it was nice to meet up with someone I know in Europe.

No comments: