Saturday, August 08, 2009

Auf Wieversehen Deutschland

I left Germany and came back to Dallas yesterday.  That was a sad day.  I really loved Germany and all of Europe that we visted.  I am so grateful to have had the chance to go on this trip.  I really want to go back soon and see even more of Europe.  I can't believe how fast those five weeks went.  But they were the best five weeks of my life thus far!
Berlin seemed like a great city.  It is a city with an intersting past and it is clear when venturing around.  I really liked that there were many signs and memorials from the era with the Berlin wall.  Like many large cities, Berlin offered many things to entertain yourself.  One night a few of us went to a jazz bar and listened to a local band play.  Our last night in town we all went to the coolest bar I have ever been to.  During the bike tour we saw the location in the day and and I have to admit it looked very ghetto.  At night the place was transformed into a cool night spot for the younger generation.  There was a live band, several bars, lots of people, and a cool building with new surprises on every floor.  Even more proof that you can not judge a book by its cover!  A few of us stayed awhile.  We tried some more local beers and watching fire breathers!!  That was really neat.  
The Charite Museuem was very intersting.  I really enjoyed the section with the hearts with pacemakers and vavle replacements.  I found it very interesting to really be able to see the placement of the devices from a view you cant see from the living.  The forensic exhibit was also very intersting.  I definetly felt my mobid curoristy drawing me in.   The last museum visit as a group was body worlds.  I was really happy to see that most of the specimens were different from what I had seen several years ago.  The last specimen was two people having sex.  It was interesting but I couldn't imagine being in that post for eternity.  I also didn't like that they made her look like a hooker.  


No comments: