Sunday, August 02, 2009

Bye Bye Bonn

This weekend was a lot of fun going to Paris. I wish we had a little more time because I felt rushed. We did a lot though. We went to the Louve, Notre dam, Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, and Jim Morrisons gravesite. Overall I would say that Paris is a bit of a let down. It was dirty and smelly. The famous places were nice but they didn't live up to image I had in my head. The Eiffel Tower was awesome. I can't believe we climbed so many stairs. In the end it was well worth the work. The view was incredible. It hardly looked real. On Saturday a few of us went to the Moulin Rouge. I have wanted to see a show for a long time. It wasn't what I expected but it was still great. It was so much fun! At first I thought the show was going to be horrible but we all ended up really enjoying it. I am very glad we decided to go. Afterwards we went dancing which was a funny experience and I was totally soaked in sweat afterwards. This morning we woke up early to see Jim Morrison. I am a big fan of The Doors' music so I wanted to see the site while I was in Paris. It was insane how many people go there! He really touched a lot of people.
I am so sad that tonight will be my last night here in Bonn. I am not ready to leave yet! I liked being with a host family and I wished I had a chance to get to know them better. My host mom took us out to dinner tonight as a farewell. It doesn't feel like it has been four weeks already! Before I know it I will be on the long plane ride home.

No comments: