Sunday, August 09, 2009

Farewell Europe…

Dated: Friday- August 7, 2009

Today I left Germany and ended by far the most amazing trip of my life. As I get older and the responsibilities pack on, I knew this trip was necessary before I become grown-up and boring. I have made lifelong memories and friends, but also reaffirmed my desire to work in Medicine. Thanks again everyone!

We had our last meal together eating Moroccan food. I had some weisseweinshorle, but it couldn’t compare to the stuff in Vienna! The food was pretty amazing, I honestly really did not know what I was eating in the appetizers, but it was good. As any of us would agree, the best part was sharing our experiences together. This reaffirmed the truth that our group has grown together and become a tight knit family. I can only hope that our friendships will continue once back into normal life in College Station!

I also must mention that I had my final currywurst yesterday for lunch and it was GOOD. Although some people did not like Olaf’s “famous” currywurst in Cologne, I still liked it Olaf, don’t worry!

I arrived back here in Texas at 3 PM to a humid and sweltering Dallas. Awesome!.... I only got two hours of sleep last night after some of us stayed at Olaf’s old hangout til three in the morning. It really was a unique place, I loved it. So yeah, today I have been up for more than 26 hours. But that’s not even possible, there are only 24 in a day! Ha… gotta love those time zones. So… thank you Dr. Wasser and AIB for an amazing five weeks! I will never forget all that ya’ll have done to make my experience incredible.

No comments: