Sunday, August 09, 2009

Thursday 7-30-09

This whole week, we have been back “home” in Bonn. I enjoy getting my amazing home cooked meals from mom and am glad to be riding the 18 train to and from Bonn. Today, we watched a documentary about the falling of the Berlin Wall. I had always grown up hearing about the Berlin Wall, but honestly, I knew nothing behind the history. It is crazy that such a country as Germany was split up only twenty years ago.

We also went to the House of History museum, which described West and East German life after the second world war. It was interesting to see how life differed so greatly between the two Germanys during that time span. I also never realized how much influence America had on Germany and the rest of Western Europe after the war.

Then, I went to the Haribo store… for the 2nd time in two days. I love gummi candy! This is by far one of my favorite stores in Europe. Others in the group like shopping for the European fashion and clothes, but I would rather spend my money on the good stuff! And, we got to sample as much candy as our stomachs would allow. Amazing…

Bonjour Paris tomorrow!!

No comments: