Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Here's looking at you Bonn


I would say something about how my weekend went but I think Caitlin covered that pretty well. I definately enjoyed spending a few more bitter sweet moments in Bonn before we hoped on our train to Berlin. I got to have a few more conversations with my host mom on things going on in the world. I do not think I was able to get as close to my host family as many others have, but I still plan on trying to stay in contact with her the best I can.


I would like to say that if I ever went back to Germany I would definately come back to Bonn, but most likely I would be going to Duesseldorf were I have family. Staying in Bonn was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and I am glad I took it. I explored the city and started to become familiar with it. I actually knew my way around for the most part and was starting to communicate on some level with the people in Bonn in German. In fact a lady walked up to the bus stop while I was standing there and was asking me when the bus was coming and which bus it was. All this she asked in German but by her manner, the way she asked, and recognizing a few words, I was able to tell her "Vier minuten" and "sechs null sieben." Then I offered her tissues by holding them out to her and saying "Bitte". I'm actually not sure if that is correct in anyway but she didn't look at me like I was crazy. Then again she was really excited to have a tissue when she was sneezing so much. I can understand her pain. Sometimes it doesn't matter what anyone says if they're offering you a tissue because that tissue is like a gift from God. But that's off topic.

...I've got at job to do. Where I'm going, you can't follow...Someday you'll understand that. Now, now...Here's looking at you Bonn.

Stephanie

No comments: