Monday, August 03, 2009

Nutella on your Patella

It is my last night and I just discovered I can get wifi on my iPhone if I come down from the third floor. The only problem now is I can't find any light switches that don't illuminate the entire restaurant. To save the Schrempps some euros, I am making due with a bit of candle light. Quite peaceful I must say. Sweet scent of flowers recently brought inside, clock ticking away slowly, and the flicker of light reflecting off the countless wine bottles surrounding me. Tranquility. Not a bad way to end an incredible weekend. Oh yeah, I went to Paris. It was cool, you know, just Pari.  Just a city full of centuries of rich history, beautiful buildings, beautiful people, and the Effiel.  Another European city that had it's way with me. 

Paris got me thinking. Week after week I don't know if I'm finding myself or loosing myself with all the culture I have been exposed to. One week surgeons let a complete stranger, me, watch them perform open heart surgery. No biggie, just squirtin heart juice and a German surgeon blaring Pink.  Next I was using Spanish with people who have never smelled fajitas and can drive boats backwards, blind folded, or drunk. That's what they do, they drive boats. Then!...days later I'm watchin a topless broadway production that showcased everything from glittery leaping men to a Cheetos puppet ventrilliquist...all to brilliant French music. Welcome to Earth.

I'm trying to let it all sink in. I know it is, slowly. One place did feel like home though, Bonn and the weinstuben. I hate that my time is up here, but Olaf is forcing me to leave.  All great things come to an end and I know one thing, Bonn was great!

No comments: