Sunday, August 02, 2009

Auf wiedersehen Bonn :(

This weekend most of us went to Paris. This was awesome because we say a lot of stuff. We went to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa, Notre Dome Cathedral, the Arc de Triomphe, and the Eiffel Tower. We climbed up the tower to the second level after about a million stairs, or so it seemed! Once on the 2nd level you have to take the elevator to the summit. The view from the top was incredible. After dinner we went back to the Eiffel Tower because we wanted to see it all lite up. It would sparkle every hour! This was so cool because I didn't even know it did that! This morning, Laura, Jena, and I got up early to go see Jim Morrison's grave. The cemetery in Paris was so beautiful.

Tonight is our last night with our host families in Bonn. :( It's so sad to think that in just a week we will be leaving Germany. Since it was my last night in town my host family and I ate dinner together and then drank a couple of beers while watching some concert dvds. My host dad loves rock music so we watched Queen's concert at Wimberly Stadium and part of a Rolling Stones concert. This was fun because I also enjoy listening to this type of music. It was nice to spend the evening with my host family. After watching all the concerts I had to pack-which was interesting. I bought a couple of clothing items at H&M and I didn't really have the room for them! My bags are bulging at the seams so I can't buy anything else while I'm here! I'm excited to go to Berlin but I'm sad that it means we are leaving Bonn.

~Sarah

No comments: