Saturday, August 05, 2006

Yes, I'm in airconditioning

Well, one of my eyes was glued shut this morning when I woke up. I noticed the pain while on the plane ride from Amsterdam to Houtson, and it went down hill from there. There's a small possibility it could be due to the sleep I did not have for nearly 48 hours...just a guess. I will begin with the farewell dinner. Everyone looked quite nice (we are used to seeing eachother either sweaty from walking or unshowered after an overnight train), and the dinner/wine was lovely. Really, this was probably the best wine I've ever tasted, and at that point the thought of drinking was making me sick. Quick sidenote...I love having a computer to type on where all the letters and symbols are in the correct spots. After dinner, we went to a bar (the story of our trip) and people drank even if they said they would not due to an early morning flight...(see Leslie Whelan's most recent blog). I returned to the hotel to take a shower and pack before the taxi came to pick us up at 3:45. We eventually made it to the airport and prepared ourselves for a long day of flying. My body has gotten so used to carrying luggage it's amazing. I was really happy to get home, but I was so tired because I had forgotten to sleep on the plane. I apparently missed the whole point of not sleeping the night before. I think I might head out to the pool now, and then go to about 75 different public places to get some free water.

No comments: