Thursday, August 03, 2006

Oh the streets of Berlin...

So I'm not completely sure how I feel about the city of Berlin. I honestly don't like the city as much as I had thought or hoped I would. As far as the history goes the city is amaying. A group of us went to the Holocaust Museum on Wednesday and it really interesting. I still just can't completely understand how all of that inhumanity went on for so long, or even how people can think and do those kinds of things. I almost makes me sick to my stomach just to think about it. Shannon and I made an attempt to find some shops after the museum but didn't have much luck. When we found out where we would need to go we just didn't feel like getting on the tram and going so instead we just headed back towards the hotel. Unfortunately the weather wasn't that great yesterday and we were quite wet by the time we reached our room.

Our first night here in Berlin we decided to go eat and then see where the night would take us. Dr. Musser went with us and I think there were about eight of us total. We ate Italian food which was very good and then went on a mission to find Cafe Moscow...which we finally found and was disappointingly closed. I will definitely have to take the blame for that one because I was pushing for going there and everyone else just kind of agreed. We did find a couple of other bars and had a few drinks and then headed back to the hotel. There was hardly anyone out and not much was going on which surprised me. It is a possibility that we were in the wrong area though. Well that about sums up the first couple of days and that first night.

No comments: