Thursday, August 03, 2006

The last night out and leaving already :(

We had a great time last night in Berlin and my body is definitely not very happy with me today. It was well worth it though. A group of us all went and ate dinner (Italian again), not to mention after we had already downed a few bottles of wine at the hotel. We then decided to just bar hop and the night went on for quite a while. At one stop the drinks were only 4.90 for a half liter so we took advantage of the offer. Shannon's Mohito was smaller than everyone elses and she wasn't too thrilled about it so she made her point clear (in a nice way) to our waiter. He kindly took her drink and to make up for the smaller glass added some extra liquor to it. Well, when the drink came back the mohito was no longer the usual clear color but was now brown. I took one drink of it and didn't ask for any more. Needless to say Doug and I ended up taking the owner of the drink back to the hotel a little early. It was a really fun night and a good one to end on. I am excited about our fairwell dinner tonight and I am going to try and not sleep tonight because I will be catching a taxi around 4:30 and I want to make sure that I am extra tired on the plane ride back home.

I am really sad that the trip has already ended and I don't think that this fact has actually set in yet. It went by so fast, but yet I feel that I have learned so much about so many things over the past five weeks. I have not only gained knowledge from the classes and various excursions and lectures, but I have also learned a lot about myself and about living in a completely foreign culture. It wasn't difficult to adapt and remain open, but being in completely new places and in completely new situations is something that I enjoy. I also feel that this experience has kind of forced me to grow up in a way of being able to having to have had to learn to live and cope with the German culture. I am going to miss my host mom and host brother and it will probably take me a little while to jump back into the life that I left. Although I am sad to be leaving, I am looking forward to going back home and having a week of relaxing...even though I have so much to do before moving back up to College Station.

No comments: