Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm alive & home...luckily

So I am sitting at my computer at my house right now and it is the weirdest feeling not being on a computer at the AIB or at an internet cafe. It is hard to realize that right now back in Germany it is 1:30 in the morning and has been over 24 hours since our fairwell dinner. Our dinner was great and I really enjoyed it...probably too much. After the restaurant we all went to another bar and it is honestly all blurred from about then until the plane ride on the way home. I didn't sleep because I had to catch my taxi at 3:45 yesterday morning and I knew that if I did sleep I would end up being even more tired. Not sleeping was the initial plan, but not drinking was also a main factor. The second part of the plan I am afraid to say I didn't hold up. As I am a little embarassed, I definitely had a few too many drinks and I am lucky that I had some great people to help me on my trip back home. Shannon, Mas, and Kellie were on the same taxi as me and I owe all of them some thanks! All I know is that Shannon packed my bags & that I almost didn't make it on the plane from Berlin to Amsterdam. I apparently looked rather sickly and the man at the ticket counter wasn't going to let me on the plane. He ended up making a deal with us that consisted of me sitting for twenty minutes in the waiting area and trying my best to look alive and well. We then had go back up to the counter and he would reconsider me getting on the plane. I managed to pass his test & I and my luggage made it home in one piece. The only good that came out of drinking too much was that I pretty much slept any time I sat down. I slept in the Berlin airport, on the plane to Amsterdam, at the Amsterdam airport, and then on the long ride back to the states. I feel much better now, but I'm still not even fully recuperated. I apologize if I embarassed myself or anyone else and last night was slightly out of character for me...but I definitely have no room to make excuses. I guess I at least have an interesting story to do one last blog about!

No comments: