Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Coppenhagen.

Coppenahgen was a beautiful place to visit, in several differnt ways. The people are extremely friendly, and it is obvious that they are truly kind people, not just putting on an act to keep the tourism flowing. On Saturday we went to a beach and enjoyed the scenery. Then we were walking back towards the town and meet some crazy Russian girls in a park. That was an experience. The language barrier caused some miscommunication and at one point I was honestly slightly concerned about my personal safety. These girls were way more blunt and harsh than every German I've met. They also smoked more, and drank more vodka (as expected), than I previously thought was possible in such a short amount of time. Anyway, they left and we went to a casual establishment for a bit to drink. $9 each for two house beers? unbelievable.
On Sunday we tried to take a bus tour around the city...30 minutes and half a mile later we were kicked off by the driver who said due to construction we had to walk around and he would pick everyone up in one hour. (This was only after an obsurd dispute among tourists about whether or not the tarp should be closed on the top of the bus. This time I was actually embarrassed by tourists I didn't know´, a slight difference from the typical day on this trip.) He didn't pick us up as he claimed he would, and we had no way to get our money back, but on the walk back towards the train station, Kyle and I stumbled across a triathlon and watched it for a little while. These people were amazing athletes. Ironically enough the day we got back I had recieved an e-mail from my friend reminding me that I need to sign up for a triathlon that is only about a month after we get back to Texas. It should be very interesting because I am in no kind of shape for that right now.

Go to Denmark if you ever have a chance.

No comments: