Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My boyfriend needs to learn German!!!!!

Getting your hair cut in Europe is an expeirence many say you should not miss while you are here. Even my girlfriend's mom, who happens to be a hairstylist, said that I shouldn't pass up the opportunity because they're techniques and schooling is much better than that of the U.S. So I got my haircut in a small town in Switzerland a month ago and it was amazing. Because it was getting kind of shaggy and I need to look my best for Stacey when I get off the plane I decided to hit up this pretty posh looking establishment in D-Dorf. Mas has a girlfriend as well and because he needed to be presentable he accompanied me to the hair salon. Upon entering the salon I saw three or four very young and very attractive young ladies all either cutting hair or waiting to cut hair. So after we get seated on different floors of this place, we are directed to separate hair washing areas and put under the water. The TOP LADY at this place who was not young and not attractive overhears Mas struggling to communicate with his hairstylist and decides to approach me. She looks down at me as the girl is washing my hair and says laughingly, "You're boyfriend needs to learn German!" WTF????? Obviously I was stunned and after explaining to everyone in the store that we were NOT gay still felt the need to pull out a picture of Stacey and tell them all "look, I have a girlfriend." Anyway, I guess they saw two young guys walking into a salon that was going to cost more than 10 Euro and decided it was only appropriate we were dating. No damage done to our egos and our hair turned out well. All in all, it was just another day in the crazy world of Texas A&M guys being mistaken for something we're not.

No comments: