Thursday, August 31, 2006

Putting it all in perspective...

I've been thinking for about 8 minutes what my opening sentence to the final blog should be. In those 8 minutes I had a film strip playing in my head of everything I experienced while in Europe...but no opening sentence. So I'll just jump right into it. Today, as Leslie and I were walking to class, we saw Erin. When we were leaving, we ran into Mas and Greg. It's kind of weird when you run into the people you spent 5 weeks traveling, learning, and living with. We share a bond that is somewhat indescribable, just like the trip to Germany in general. When I got home I just kept talking about the trip. It was hard to control myself because I had so much built up that I wanted to explode. When I felt like I had spoken too much, I would just try to relive it in my head. It was a weird feeling. I heard somebody the other day complaining about walking from the MSC to the REC. I just shook my head and thought how much they would have died in Europe. I miss the walking. I miss the bread. And I miss the ability to travel to a different country a few hours away with the convenience of trains. While abroad I learned to relax a little bit more. With a group that large you need to face the fact that somebody WILL be late no matter what. Also, I loved how different our group was. We became a family so far away from our home. It was nice. I hope to return to Europe someday to visit the places I didn't have time to go. I don't think I would want to live there though. Bathroom and water expences would add up. I went to the doctor the other day and was telling him about seeing the open heart surgery. He asked me how it was different from the American way, and I said I had no idea. I had never seen it here. I am so so lucky that I got to see something that cool. Oh, and before I go, I saw a guy walking out of Wehner today with man capris. I'm hoping he was European. I can't wait for the reunion!

No comments: