Tuesday, August 08, 2006

ich ben ein berliner!

sooo, I haven`t blogged in forever due to all the craziness surrounding my european vacation. The program has been over now for awhile and I find myself STILL at the haupt banhoff....its kind of like the movie groundhog day...i just keep reliving the same thing over and over. Anyway, we finished up in Berlin which I LOVED. Not as much as Munich though because I felt like I knew more about Munich and the people even though we weren't there as long. After taking a bus tour, going to the Holocaust Memorial, and visiting an awesome medical museum the fab five were left to roam Berlin alone. Oh, goodness. We went to the Berlin Zoo...AMAZING!!! The animals were right there- in your face. Kristen, Sarah, and I fell in love with an Orangatan that made kissy faces! After the zoo we hit up the karaeoke bar that the bus tour guide recommended. Mental note...never take karaeoke recommendations from an older bus tour guide. We ended up at the Echo Bar where Kristen, Stuart, and I sang Proud Mary and I Will Survive. I must say I am amazed and moved by the vocal abilities and the harmonizing that go on between Kristen and Stuart. Then they put the Queen on....enough said. After we pushed our way through the "crowd" Kristen and I went to another club Far Out where I've never seen so many horrible dancers congreggate in one club. I got a kick out of it and I got to shake this booty. FINALLY Kristen and I accomplished what we've been trying to do all trip in Berlin (*wink*) The next day we went to the Jewish museum under the HOlocaust memorial and to checkpoint charlie. Then it was time for our farewell dinner. I must say it took me by surprise. Everyone looked AMAZING and I couldn't believe I was already saying goodbye when I felt like we were just becoming a family...Kristen, Sarah, Stuart, and I went to club Matrix where we danced onstage under the disco ball and Stuart got questioned where we were from. When she told the girl America, the girl replied with "We knew it." Do we stick out like sore thumbs or what?!? We headed home around 2:30 then was time for the tears. Im still not sure if Kristen was crying or laughing hysterically. I found it extremely hard to look at any of the girls ESPECIALLY the bawlers as I didn't want the dam to break. I teared up though b/c its been more than weird not seeing the fab 5 everyday. Im more glad that I KNOW I'll always keep in touch with them if they like it or not, and I can't wait to continue our party in College Station.....Im a donut, too!!

No comments: