Wednesday, July 11, 2018

What happens in Norderney stays in Norderney // Week 3

Norderney: the bikes, the beach, and the baths.


So much happened during this week and with that being said, this place will always have a special place in my heart.

The bikes
First off, our only form of transportation while on the island was by bike. I loved this aspect of the trip and it definitely took me back to a time before I had my driver's license and riding a bike was all I knew. Keeping up with Dr. Wasser is quite the challenge also.




The beach
The beach will always be my true element though. On the second night, a bunch of people in our group went out into the very cold waters of the North Sea. It was my first time in the water there and when I tell you it was cold... It. Was. Freezing. Cold. Nevertheless, it was a great experience that I'll never forget. The waves wiped me out time and time again before I had enough. I slept so good that night.

The baths
Going to the Badehaus aka the "bath house" is an experience like no other. I was talking to one of my favorite people on this trip, and we both agreed that there is no real way to express in words how this experience impacts you, you really must go yourself. I'll be honest, for a while I didn't want to participate in the full body mud mask there at the Badehaus. I felt that it was extremely unnecessary for a very modest person like myself. With a last minute change of heart, I decided to go against all of my previous inclinations. I can truly say I do not regret this at all. My body and my soul were both at peace. With everyone being so relaxed, it made for such a good day filled with positive energy. My personal favorite pool at the Badehaus was the pool that was most concentrated with salt. This pool basically forced you to float, and it was such a pleasant feeling just lying on top of the water, not having to move a single muscle to keep yourself afloat.

Other highlights of the week:

1. People getting the chance to see Stone for the soccer god he is.

2. Lauren and I getting lost from our group, but finding our way back to the hostel anyway. We're really growing up. (':

3. Truly becoming best friends with Savana.





No comments: