Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Horse Meat is Very Good - A Vegetarian // Week 5

7 Things You MUST Try When Going to Vienna ~




1. Sleeping for 8 Hours on the Train Ride
By this point in the trip, everyone should know that I have mad sleeping skills. I can pretty much sleep anywhere, anytime. Granted, I only had about 2 total hours of sleep the night before this trip. No amount of caffeine could have kept me up during this train ride. Everyone around me was a little concerned that I was actually comatose, but it was honestly the best sleep I have had during the course of the entire trip. 

2. Horse Gulasche
During the course of this trip, I had stuck to a very strict Pescetarian diet, but I'm always down for a new experience. Of course I had to try the famous Horse Gulasche at the Gulasche Museum!!! It was amazing. #NoRagrets


3. The Wine
All of the wine I tried here was amazing. Fun fact: you can get wine at the bar for 2 euros and I totally recommend it. It always helps put you to sleep a little better at night too. 

4. The Josephine Medical Museum
One of my favorite museums so far, this museum contains one of the only full wax anatomical figure sets in the world. A MUST see for anyone who is interested in the systems of the body.

5. Classical Concerts
During our time here, we went to a classical concert at St. Anna's Church. I really appreciate music, so I will always remember this experience.


6. Fool's Tower 
Translated in English, the place is known as Fool's Tower. It was one of the first mental hospitals in Europe, but now it documents many of the mental/physical abnormalities that came through Vienna. A very interesting place filled with stories upon stories, and probably my favorite museum we've been to yet. 

7. The Sigmund Freud Museum
Sigmund Freud was the founder of psychoanalysis and one of the 20th centuries most critical thinkers. It is a smaller museum that is still growing, but a true gem nevertheless. I especially enjoyed Dr. Wasser's lecture that he gave in the conference room here. Sigmund Freud lived a life that anyone could find interest in.





No comments: