Friday, July 06, 2018

Week 4: Bonn-Voyage

It is sad to know that this was the last full week we spent in Bonn. I will miss my Bonn daily routine,  but I am so excited to go to Vienna!


On Monday we had the opportunity to shadow a surgeon. I got to see two different surgeries. One of the surgeries I saw was the romoval of an infection behind the ear. It was amazing to see the surgeon work on such a small but important part of the body. The second surgery I saw was a breast reduction on a man. It was interesting to see which parts of the surgeries were invasive and which were not. My favorite part of both surgeries was seeing the patient wake up.


On Wednesday we went to Cologne in the afternoon. My group got to climb to the top of Cologne Cathedral! While it was difficult to climb all of the stairs, the views were worth it.


For the rest of the week we had our normal History of Medicine class with Dr. Wasser. This weekend I went to Amsterdam with Emily and Savana. It was nothing like I expected. The canals were so unique and all the art museums were filled with amazing pieces.


No comments: