Sunday, May 21, 2023

Next stop: Germany!

    Today's the day! In a couple hours, I will be on a plane to Frankfurt to start my summer abroad in Germany! The days leading up to this trip have been nerve-racking especially since I hadn't heard from my host family until two days ago. There were some technical difficulties and neither of us was receiving emails from each other, but I finally received my letter from my host family and I'm beyond excited to meet my host family Annette and Stephan and their kids and dogs! (I'm especially excited to meet their dogs since I will be missing my own pets very much on this trip.)

    I wanted to come on this trip because I have always loved to travel and experience different cultures, and I think that studying abroad is a great opportunity to do so. I also am looking forward to growing my confidence and having my own personal growth during this trip. I've been a little nervous about coming on this trip not having known anyone previously, but I know I will meet so many great people and I'm hoping to make lifelong friends.
  Next stop: Germany!

No comments: