Saturday, May 27, 2023

Deutschland ist wunderschön

Germany is so incredibly beautiful. I've been to lovely places in Texas but they by and large do not match the scenery here. I've tried several different types of food including: Turkish doner, bratwurst, German ice-cream, and more. I have enjoyed walking around Bonn. 

The material we have been learning in History of Medicine is interesting! I had previously heard of the four humors in AP Psychology in high school, but they made it seem as if it was a short fad. I had no idea it was the prevailing idea for a long time. It seems ridiculous by the standards of today.

I am grateful for Galen's work but it is kind of crazy that he was considered the genius in his area but he hadn't done a single human dissection. I am glad that we have determined that our livers are not lobed like a dogs. 

No comments: