Sunday, May 21, 2023

Airport Lounging

     After saying goodbyes to my family and boyfriend I was lucky enough to find Cassandra. It's my first time leaving the country without my family and I couldn't be more excited and nervous all at once. Flying gives me horrible anxiety but luckily Cassandra is a seasoned flyer and has been helping me calm down as we made our way through TSA and found our gate. I have a lacrosse ball in my backpack that I use to roll out my back and hip muscles (I recently found out I have a messed up hip flexor) however TSA didn't like this lacrosse ball and my bag got pulled to be searched. After the TSA agent pulled the ball out and examined it, he asked me what it was, laughing slightly when I told him it's just a lacrosse ball. 

    We still have about an hour until our plane boards. I'm feeling pretty nervous since I don't fly very often but I know soon these anxious thoughts will be pure excitement. I can't wait to meet my host family. I'm looking forward to this new cultural experience. I can't wait to see how this trip will change my life and help me grow as an adult in this world. 

Cheers to six whole weeks of new experiences!

No comments: