Sunday, May 28, 2023

Maia’s Adventure week 1

 This week has been a doozie that’s for sure. The start of classes has been an exciting experience. I’ve never been very interested in history before, but these past few lectures I have never been more captivated. Learning about Galen and his unfortunate theories, or the arabic translation of his works and the problems that come from that will forever stay with me. I’m excited to start our pharmacology classes next week and the ins and outs of its benefits. 

I have put myself on a mission to eat as many different types of cuisine as possible while I’m here. My current favorite meal has been the döner (a must have in germany) I’m excited for our next german class because I am lacking in the ordering food department. 

This weekend, some of the girls and I treckend down to München for the weekend. If anyone has questions about public transportation, we are basically experts at this point. My favorite part of this weekend was our trip to the Residenz, which was the palace of the bulvarian royals. The architecture was astounding and left my jaw dropped on multiple occasions. I was telling Hailey that it is nice to appreciate structures like these because we don’t have 500 year old building in our young country. I hope to come back to München one day because I feel we barely scratched the surface of sites to see in München. 

No comments: