Sunday, May 28, 2023

Week #1

 This first week has been nothing but surprises and new adventures. Some of my favorite things have been walking through the market and people watching. I'm in awe of the diversity and the culture. I love trying new foods and the market has such a variety. The very first thing I tried was the frites and they so good. We also tried the souvlaki pita and this is my favorite thing by far. One thing that has been a challenge is ordering food. It's much different than in America and it is especially hard when the entire menu is in German. 

This weekend we did a day trip to Brugge and this is one of the most breathtaking places ever. The cobblestones and old building make it all the more beautiful. My favorite activity that we went did was the chocolate making workshop. We had the opportunity to make both mendiant and praline and it definitely brought out my inner chocolatier. This week has been a whirlwind of fun and I cannot wait for next week! 

No comments: