Sunday, May 28, 2023

First week in Bonn!

We are officially done with week one!! This week has been awesome! Sophia and I got all settled into our host mom's apartment and she is the most adorable and kind woman I have ever met. She's been cooking us yummy meals and taking very good care of us. 

The first week of our history of medicine class was pretty cool. During high school history was one of my least favorite topics and I haven't had to take any history classes while at Tamu but the history of medicine class has actually been very interesting so far. We learned a lot about Galen and how he was this amazing physician and learned about his journal/book that had a bunch of information on how he thought the body worked and pumped blood. I especially found it very interesting that everyone just assumed he was right even though they figured out that he wasn't, it was a very captivating story. I'm also looking forward to our pharmacology class starting next week!

On Saturday, a few of the girls and I went on a hike to see the Löwenburg castle. The castle was very pretty, the hike was nice, the weather was amazing, and the nature was BEAUTIFUL. Overall a very good day and we went to a super cute restaurant on the way back down.

Today I went to a food festival with some of the other girls in the program and it was a lot of fun. I got beef street tacos and little mini pancakes. I think the pancakes were my favorite but all of the food looked so good and I really wanted to eat everything there, I had trouble deciding what exactly to get. 

Overall, Germany so far has been a dream and it's amazing to be here, I can't wait for the upcoming week with our excursion to Cologne and Norderney super soon as well!

No comments: