Sunday, May 28, 2023

History of Medicine week 1!

 Wow this week has really flown by. This experience so far has created a mix of emotions as we adjust and learn how to do life in another country.

Germany is like nothing I have experienced. For one, it is beautiful whether you are in the city or the countryside. And it only takes a couple minutes to go from city to country side, giving many opportunities to experience various settings. Life also seems so much slower here, as people in the middle of the week will casually be out at the market or leisurely walking the streets. I love how much rest is taken seriously, which is something we really saw as we travelled to Munich our first weekend. Whether rest includes active or inactive things, Germans will take the time to take some time off to themselves on the weekends. 

The concept of the other and the transformative potential of this trip has really stuck with me this week. With this being the topic of our first HoM lecture, I was able to get my mind in the right headspace to be open and welcoming to new opportunities and to remain present as I experience these new things. 

This week has been a whirlwind, but I’m excited to see where the remaining weeks take us! I can’t wait for Cologne and Norderney coming up on our schedule here pretty soon. 

No comments: