Sunday, May 28, 2023

First week in Germany!

 I have learned a lot about Germany and myself this week.  Living in a different country has definitely been interesting and challenging. The most challenging part so far has been learning how to use public transportation. I thought the Aggie Bus was confusing before coming to Germany. With some help from friends and practice, I have become more confident using the bus and trains. It has also been difficult to be in a country where I don’t know the language. Sometimes I get embarrassed when I pronounce a German word wrong and often I give up and ask if they speak English. Despite this language barrier everyone has been so kind and excited when they hear I am from Texas. 

This weekend a group of us went to Munich. We went to an Oktoberfest festival and it was so cool to be a part of the Bavarian culture. I definitely want to go back to Munich because there was so much to see.

I have enjoyed our history of medicine lectures so far. I particularly liked learning about ancient, natural medicines made of plants and herbs. I am interested so see how this concept of natural treatment will be incorporated in our study trip to Norderney and our pharmacology lectures next week.

No comments: