Sunday, May 27, 2018

You'll be in my heart- no mom I'll be in Bonn

Last night I was watching Tarzan with my mom and crying my eyes out, today I'm sitting in an airport next to a guy I hardly know as we wait for our plane to take us to the other side of the world. This is the moment I've been waiting forever for, and now that it's here, my brain can hardly process the reality of it all.

Months ago, when I first had the idea of studying abroad, I was surround by friends who were going to partake in this experience with me. Now, I am the only one still here and I am being forced to meet new people and be independent for the first time in my life. Growing up in College Station and going to A&M, I have never been away from my family for more than one week at a time. Now I am on my on for the first time, family is only a phone call away, but they are one very very long distance phone call away.

I have no idea what to expect and honestly that's the most exciting part. I want to see and learn as much as I possibly can in my couple weeks abroad. I want to visit as many places, meet as many people, and relish in as many different cultures as I possibly can.

Since school has finished, I have spent every waking moment thinking about this trip. Every day at work, the moment my boss would walk out of the room, I'd look up the same websites about Bonn and just look at all the pictures and imagine what might be next for me in my life. Will the Rhine amaze me the same way? Will I ever find that street with the pink blossom trees? Am I really going to be walking past Beethoven's actual house everyday? What ever ends up defining my experience, I could not be any more excited.

No comments: