Sunday, May 27, 2018

Every Mile a Memory

I’m currently on my way to Dallas from my home in College Station and decided the 3 hour drive would be a good time to collect my thoughts before taking off. First of all, my mom is really short so I’m wondering if it would be acceptable to use her as my carry on? Being from College Station, I’ve never had the whole “leaving the nest” experience yet considering when I moved out it was only 15 minutes down the road. Granted I’ve travelled alone and without my family before, 6 weeks is a really daunting time period. Leaving my mom (and my dog honestly) are my two biggest anxieties about the trip so far. 
This post has taken on a bad news first, good news second format. The good news is I’m extremely excited for what the next 6 weeks holds. I’ve come to look at it as the beginning of a new era. I’m going to learn so much about myself and the world and I could not be more pumped. It’s been daunting the past few weeks leading up to the trip but I’m embracing the unknown with open arms. Life is all about experiences and memories and never again will I have this exact moment to live. 
If the song is true and every miles a memory, then I have at least 5,000 memories to make in the next 6 weeks, so cheers to that. 
Also enjoy this last picture of my mom and I before I leave :) 

No comments: