Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Round 2

So my experience is quite different than what others going on this trip have. Last summer, I studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain for 3 months and got to travel to countless amazing places and see more than I ever imagined. This trip is much more out of my comfort zone however, because I know absolutely no German. I could fluently speak to just about anyone in Spain, but I'm really nervous going into Germany knowing nothing! I think that will be a cool experience on it's own though, because where else would you learn German better than in Germany?
I also recently changed my entire career plan to wanting to work in global health, so I'm extremely excited to get to see health care in another country! I think this will help so much with my perspective on it. I'm mostly excited to see so many other students fall in love with Europe and the culture like I did last summer. It's a much different world living in it as opposed to visiting and I'm glad I get the opportunity to experience it again!
I also learned that no matter how good at packing you think you are, it is still awful.

No comments: