Saturday, May 26, 2018

The Nervous Squirts

My flight leaves tomorrow at noon to a place I've been before and can not wait to go back to. Up until now, I've been super excited! As I begin writing this, I just got incredibly scared. It's a good scared though.  I'm excited because I'll be taking on the world alone! But scared because it's the world versus me.  I just want to be as prepared as possible and equally be just as spontaneous.

This summer, I plan on gaining some experience being independent.  I cook, clean, and wash my own clothes at my apartment in College Station, but now I'll be in a completely different country trying to figure out a completely different language and culture.  That's one of the things that's both exciting and terrifying.  I think this trip will help me learn a lot more about myself than I would be able to at home. Updates on exactly what that is, to come.  I also hope to gain a better scope of what I'll be learning in medical school and see if the atmosphere and future career are right for me.  If they aren't, then I think I'm a little too far in it to back out now. (Haha) But in all honestly, this has been the career I've been dreaming about ever since I can remember and I'm so excited to see what all it really entails.  I'm most excited to be able to watch live surgeries.  I'm hoping it'll just further confirm that I'm on the right path for my future and encourage me to try that much harder in order to one day be the surgeon performing the operation.

And on top of all of this, as if my expectations weren't already high enough, I plan on just having the experience of a lifetime.  I can't wait to travel to different countries every weekend, live alone with just my roomate in Bonn, eat gelato three times a day, and embrace a new culture in a beautiful place.  I can't wait for my European adventure to start!

P.S.- It's midnight and I've yet to stuff all of this clothes into my suitcase. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping it's under 50 pounds!


No comments: