Thursday, May 24, 2018

Off to Germany!

I never believed that I would have the opportunity to head to Europe while in college, and I can't put all of my excitement into words. I have only traveled inside of the United States besides a Caribbean cruise that my family went on. That being said, even though I am incredibly excited, I am also a little nervous. Being surrounded by people in an unfamiliar area who don't speak English is a concern of mine. I have never been in a crowd of people where I have not understood what they said. I am also slightly nervous about living with a host family. I am hoping that I will get along with the family well and become close to them. On the other hand though, I am EXCITED. Lets be honest, one of the things I am most excited about is the food. I am ready to eat as much as possible in the next six weeks. I also can't wait to learn about the history of the old and beautiful cities I will be visiting. Although I don't know much German, meeting people and learning about their culture and passions will be a great experience. Will I look like a fool over there? Probably. Will I try to take as many touristy pictures as possible? Absolutely. I want this to be an experience that I will never forget. This is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I hope to soak up the beauty and excitement (even if that excitement means getting lost) that each day will offer.

Until next time,
Mikayla

No comments: