Friday, May 25, 2018

Get Your Feet Wet


Howdy! My name is Robert Saldana, and this is my first blog about embarking on this amazing study abroad program in Bonn, Germany. I chose this program because my friend Kathryn Ellis recommended it to me a while back. She told me that it was the most amazing experience she has ever been on, so amazing she plans to go again sometime in the near future. I love trying new things, so that’s why I wanted to be part of this program in Germany. I have never been to Europe, so this should be a major step in my traveling experiences.

My past two summers I have done a fair share of traveling. Two summers ago, I traveled to Cusco, Peru for 2 weeks, and last summer I traveled to Shanghai, Beijing, and Xi’an in China for 2 weeks. I haven’t been too anxious about this trip. I would say I am more excited than anything. I haven’t packed a single thing, and my flight leaves in a couple days. I have been planning my weekend trips, which is something I am really looking forward to. As of now, I will be traveling to Dublin, Ireland, and Interlaken, Switzerland.

Traveling is something I want to keep doing for the rest of my life because throwing yourself into a new culture is truly an eye-opening experience. I hope to learn about the German culture, go on spontaneous adventures, and come back to The States with memories that will last a lifetime. Gotta get your feet wet!

No comments: